Ever notice how much easier it is to give in to the voice that says you're not good enough? Or the one that has you comparing yourself to the beauty queen or the smartest kid in the class? Despite the numerous other voices that tell you how great, beautiful, or intelligent you are, you always seem to listen to that one negative voice. It's easier. Maybe a brick wall would keep it out.
Until then, I guess there's always 2 AM Miss Congeniality and cross-stitching.
Holladay Happenins has moved!
3 years ago
I made a realization as I was teaching RS today. I realized that that one negative thought is from Satan and he's very, very persuasive. But just as we had to choose Jesus Christ in the premortal life to follow, so again we have to choose Him every day here. And it can be hard. I stink at it a lot of times. It IS easier to listen to that one voice. Good luck learning how to avoid that negative voice. And if you learn great ways to do it, let me know. I could use the help! :) In the meantime, enjoy your cross-stitching and Sandra Bullock. She always makes me laugh.
ReplyDelete