Saturday, July 31, 2010

our little getaway

For our one-year anniversary David and I decided to celebrate in Park City. It isn't until August 11th but with my family in town then we decided to go early. It was so beautiful and refreshing to have a vacation where we didn't have to worry about work or school and we could just enjoy being together. We went to the pool everyday, spent one afternoon on Main Street, saw the view of Park City on the way up the ski lift and just kicked back at our really nice hotel, Silver King. It was a blast and even now I sometimes wish we could have stayed there much longer.


The fireplace in our hotel. One night I turned the AC down
really low so I could utilize the prettiness of the fire.
Above it was a HUGE flatscreen TV

The Lobby of our Hotel

David sitting at the bottom of the pool - he kept timing himself
to see how long he could hold his breath.

Trying to hide from the camera.

The pool area. David is crawling over from the hot tub


On the way up the mountain

Our dangling feet on the way up. David kept trying to startle
me by lifting up the bar - I wouldn't have any of that.

On our way up the lift

The view - reminded me of Sound of Music

What we saw walking around at the top of the mountain

The view of Main Street on our way down the ski-lift.


The place we ate on our one night of "splurging" - Steak House.
We were the only people in the place so we got A LOT of attention.
The waitress was super nice and after overcooking my steak and
making a new one, we went home with almost 2 whole steaks for leftovers :)


1 comment:

  1. sounds like you had a lot of fun! that hotel was really nice. maybe I'll have to swing by on my anniversary!

    ReplyDelete