Saturday, June 2, 2012

Pressing Onward

Well, we have hit June so now I can say the baby is due next month - thank goodness! Pregnancy is much more difficult when you already have a kid to take care of. I feel bad for Morgan as she is stuck with me every day, all day. As my discomfort increases (which it has recently reached an all-time high in the pregnancy since I now struggle to shift positions or walk without pain) I get more short-tempered and lose patience far easier than an 18-month old probably deserves - of course it doesn't help that she is teething at the same time! So as she and I struggle to find our moments of compassion for one another and in between hugs of mutual tears I made a sandbox... sort of.




I was under the impression that getting sand for a sandbox would be quite simple, however... some manufacturers have strange ideas about what kind of sand is "play sand". I had to return several bags that were more gravel-like than sandbox sand should be. I searched all over websites online but finally found success at Lowe's with a very friendly gentleman that vouched for this kind - paver's sand. Apparently he used this same kind for his grandkids and I must admit that I am very pleased. Morgan and I spent quite some time today playing in it. 


 This is another toy I came across in my hunt for things we can do outside. Morgan LOVES it. She goes up the steps and down the slide, up the steps and down the slide... continuously. Then she crawls back in the sand, plays for a while before returning to "up the steps and down the slide". Once again, I am very pleased.

David is now able to work a full 40 hours each week since school is on hold for the summer, which is a blessing since we have to catch up from the savings setback from buying our car. However, it does leave a lot of time with just me and Morgan (no wonder Morgan gets so excited to see David when he gets home, she's tired of me!). Currently he is TDing (Technical Director) the comedy show Common Room that will beginning airing in October, but shortly preparation for Mission Conference at the MTC will ensue so much of his time will most likely be spent there.

All-in-all things are well. Morgan is healthy, Eli is healthy, David is busy, and I am tired.

The End.

1 comment:

  1. You are one amazing tired mommy though! So impressed with all the effort you put into making sure Morgan could play outside close to you at home. Looking forward to coming over to play together! (I would've texted sooner but I have been laid up with an infected bee sting in my foot that has kept me off my feet all week)

    ReplyDelete