Eli is 3 months old in 9 days and it has certainly been a life lesson having a newborn and 1-year-old. Trust me when I say on more than one, two, or three occasions I have wished there was a bigger age gap than 19 months between the two. I always hear women say how much they love nursing and that time they have to bond with their baby, but sadly I can't share that sentiment. I think nursing has been the greatest stress of a new baby, no matter what number it is. I wish I could look forward to feedings but instead I look forward to when I don't have to fight my body and try anymore. Thankfully I have been blessed with the ability to bear children but it is so hard to feel inadequate and incapable of feeding that baby. As David so delicately puts it, I'm broken. I can't do what I am meant to do.
Morgan likes Eli, although she is also very cuddly now too. She ALWAYS wants hugs. Who knows if that is because of the 4 molars coming in, she just likes us, or is jealous of all the time I spend holding Eli. Now that it is cooler we are going to the park more often and walk to the library for story time. Thank goodness for the Moby Wrap!
David is busy, busy, busy with school. When he is not in class or at work he is doing homework. It gets pretty lonely. But he seems to like the classes so as least there is that.
Those pictures are so precious! Sorry that some things are so challenging. :(
ReplyDeleteI think two kids was the hardest for me. The first child has nobody to play with while you are holding and feeding the baby. Once there are 3 kids there is someone other than the baby to interact with. Call anytime you are lonely or bored! Thanks for the pictures. I love to see what y'all are up to.
ReplyDeleteI've totally been there with nursing. Eli looks like he is thriving though! Ryland got SO skinny I sadly had to put him on formula at three months old. I was so depressed about it. I hope things will get better for you and if not we are blessed these days with formula. Don't beat yourself up. All you can do is try your best. :)
ReplyDelete