When I was 14 years old I received my patriarchal blessing, that is coming on 10 years ago. I think I was like most young teenagers receiving theirs, excited and nervous, hoping or expecting some profound revelation. In a way I guess you can say that is what I got. One instruction I was given, a part that has always stood out to me, was to learn marketing skills to I could provide for my family when an emergency arises. My thoughts on that: "WHAT?! I don't know any marketing skills, nor do I care to!","My husband is going to die!", "We are going to be poor because my husband won't be able to get a job!". Let's just say they weren't comfortable feelings.
When I was in college I thought personal training would be the path I needed to take in order to follow the blessing and be prepared, however, with my eating disorder I was told it was not a healthy environment for me to be in so I dropped it. Shortly after I had kids and settled with the idea of just being a stay-at-home mom and not worrying about any of that marketing crap. The thought was always in the back of my head but not something I wanted to address. This was comfortable.
Mid-March I had a very lengthy conversation with a friend regarding essential oils and doTERRA's business opportunity. I had positive experiences with the oils and really loved them but never pursued anything with it because of money and fear of marketing. Anyway, after discussing with this friend the security that can come from doing the "business" I took a couple of days to pray about it and talk with David about whether or not this is something I wanted, or should, do. I felt like I should. I was scared/nervous but it was an exciting kind of scared. But the very day I made the decision to follow through with this path I had about 10 people that wanted to know more about the oils. I felt it was the Lord telling me this was the right thing.
Since then I have decided to put it all in. I have spent many hours researching studies about the oils, watching webinars, and listening to first-hand accounts from those I have met of the blessings the oils have been for their health. Anything I heard about the oils or the company and had a question about, I searched for a reliable answer. I was never disappointed. I was excited. Also, since I was putting everything into the business I was able to get more of the oils and I saw them working. I loved it.
It has only been 6 weeks but I have had my fair share of emotions on this trip. Every time I felt this is too hard, I would get a soothing feeling and I knew this was right. I have been insulted and discouraged, but again I would get a comforting feeling and something would happen that aided my success. Just this week I felt very disheartened and discouraged, probably the most I had been regarding this. Thankfully, David and I had already made plans to go to the Temple that night so I went there seeking further confirmation that this was right. Without fail, that is what I got. It was refreshing that during such a hard time for me the Lord was validating me, despite the world not. But He did not stop there. The very next morning about a dozen women came to me wanting to know more. A woman called me, someone I had never met, asking about doTERRA. It was such a great conversation and I felt like she was someone I had always known. At the end of the call she said to me, "I am so glad I called you! I felt like I was supposed to." I was elated. She and I are getting together tomorrow to further go over what she needs to help improve her health. It continues... within a couple of hours, a woman was stopping by to pick up an oil. She and I chatted for a moment at the door about doTERRA and before walking away she said to me, "I am so glad I found you!"
A line that stood out to me at the temple was "to fulfill the measure of its creation". It resonated with me and repeatedly during the session I asked, "what is the measure of MY creation?" I'm not saying these oils are my "destiny" are anything like that, but the Lord has answered my question by making it possible for me to bless the lives of these people that came to me. I am a mother. I am a wife. I am a daughter of God and His instrument to help others as He sees fit. I made a commitment to listen and obey and he has been very loud in his instructions. Now... I will obey.
Holladay Happenins has moved!
3 years ago
What a great example of faith and following through on promptings. Thanks Carrie!
ReplyDeleteI love how the Lord answers our prayers and doubts if we are listening!
ReplyDelete