So a couple of weeks ago I wanted to try something new. And since I always thought cheesecake to be a challenging recipe I decided to give it a whirl. It was a lot easier than I had anticipated. It is interesting how so often the fear of doing something is always worse than actually doing it. Once you get down to it, you realize it isn't nearly as bad as you thought it would be. I suppose that is why they always say you should do the thing you fear, just like the book I read not long ago, "Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway". So, I felt the fear and made the turtle cheesecake anyway...

And I didn't even use a Springfoam Pan. I simply sprayed the pan and
hoped it would work! I'm so proud of myself =]
That looks great! Can I come over for dessert? :)
ReplyDeleteCarrie! I meant to ask you last week if you have a blog. This is delightful - you don't mind if I follow along do you? I hope you'll peek in at Mona's Musings too -- I publish a Post/Podcast every week on romance in marriage....which is easy for you now, but it can get a little tricky long term...we have fun there. Listen first to "My Cup Runneth Over"...my favorite. If you're a Facebooker - MM is there too. Did you know Uncle Dale makes a MEAN prize-winning cheesecake?! (Well, actually Hannah beat him with her Hannah Banana Pie last competition, which your father-in-law judged, I believe!!!!! Stay in love! Mona
ReplyDeleteGood job! Last week I tried to make multi-grain bagels after craving a delicious, soft one I had at the hospital. They were a flop, though. I had to try a second batch and they were better, but still not great. A few days later I found them in the bread cupboard, still not eaten and had to throw them out because they were starting to mold. Now I don't know if I fear making them again or more determined than ever to make them work. Thanks for you encouragement. :)
ReplyDelete