Sunday, April 11, 2010

Rising of the Sun

There has been a significant turning point for me lately as my wall is getting higher and higher. I learned a valuable lesson that I did not really expect: the wall is never completely finished. I can never remember who said it, but it has been said that if you are not moving forward then you are moving backwards. I was reminded of an alcoholic in remission. Despite the great strides the person has gone through and the many changes they have made in their strength and mental health, in the wrong situation at a moment of weakness could be disastrous and a possible relapse underway. So, the wall, just like our spirituality, must constantly be tended to because forgotten or ignored could put you right back at the beginning - devastated, lost, and hopeless.

I have felt a great deal of satisfaction and happiness as of just recently - a quite refreshing feeling from the unbelievably difficult trials that, hopefully, now lie behind me. The promise is almost kept and the wall is getting bigger. A sense of peace and comfort has replaced the stress, confusion, and sorrow and I find myself on a new stage. What an exciting opportunity. Listening to a song from an old EFY these words come to mind
"Let Him Heal your heart. Remember every promise He has made. Reach into your soul and forsake a life of sin and He will shine that light inside again. Let Him help you start to live again and feel His endless love. Let Him hold and teach you-- love and reach you. Let Him heal your heart. There's no simple challenge. Never doubt His goodness. Don't believe that it's too late. He sees your every struggle and he knows the trials you face. Follow and believe Him. Put your trust in Him again. Change your heart forever. Let the miracle begin."

The miracle has already begun...

No comments:

Post a Comment