So I guess my lack of patience has rubbed off on Morgan because she doesn't seem to like the idea of waiting out this whole full-term pregnancy thing.
Yesterday around 3:00 I started feeling a lot of pressure and slight contractions that were still far apart. But as the evening went on the pains got worse no matter what position I tried and spread more to my back. Still being new to this whole pregnancy and having-baby thing I called my sister-in-law to get some advice. By 11:30 I was in super pain and could barely move. I asked David for a blessing and immediately after I just wanted to cry because the pain just intensified more. Thinking about it retrospectively I figure the Lord was trying to tell me to go in because I really didn't want to. So just after 12:30 AM we got to Orem Community (10-15 min away) where they told us we needed to go to Utah Valley (which is only 2 minutes from our house). Apparently, if I was going into labor they wouldn't be able to take care of Morgan there because she would be too premature. So we went to Utah Valley instead. They got us all settled in and upon evaluation discovered that I was dilated 1 cm, which apparently wouldn't be as big of a concern if I had already had a child once before, but seeing as I haven't - not so good. So they gave me a shot to stop the contractions and made me drink A LOT of water FAST because I hadn't had enough that day. Well that didn't settle well with me and shortly after I just threw it all up. So they came back with more water and juice for me to drink, slower this time. Some tests later they discovered I had a serious UTI which was most likely the leading cause for the early contractions. They gave me a prescription for that and once the contractions seized they let me go home with strict orders to rest for the next few days; it was now 2:45 AM.
I think Morgan is going to come on a Friday night. This same thing happened last Friday night but went away after about 5 hours. This time reached almost 11 hours and only stopped with medicine. I also now have a better idea of what to expect and know that I'm gonna have A LOT of back labor pains - that was the worst! And I couldn't stop shaking. It seemed ridiculous how much I was shivering, even before we left the house. David was great though the whole time - I love that boy! So baby Morgan needs to hold off at least 3 1/2 more weeks but more preferably a little longer than even that. Just like the blessing said - have trust and faith in Heavenly Father. So that's what I'll do.
Holladay Happenins has moved!
3 years ago
Glad everything worked out okay this time. We'll keep praying for you.
ReplyDeleteWow!! Glad you're okay! Our prayers are with you!
ReplyDelete