Furniture has trickled in thanks to the kindness of family and I realize how silly I was to fret over it that first week. The Lord blessed us with the things we needed without having to spend an outrageous amount of money. I was reminded of President Uchtdorf's talk at General Conference regarding focusing on what matters most rather than letting stress keep you from rejoicing. I was definitely letting the stress of the new apartment and not having furniture get in the way of my rejoicing, and it wasn't until I calmed down and reminded myself that it would all come together in due time that I saw everything working out. I would have saved myself a lot of hassle from the negative consequences of stress if I had just trusted in Him sooner. Lessen learned.
So, our apartment: 2 bedrooms which allows for baby Morgan to have her own baby's room when the time comes (and I am super excited to decorate once I have some more time during Thanksgiving break), 2 full bathrooms, dining room, kitchen with pantry and plenty of storage space. David finished building our dresser last night and now we actually have somewhere to put our clothes. It makes a huge difference in the room and I loved just sitting in there this morning admiring the cleanliness/organization. David's brother and sister-in-law gave us their couch and my sister is giving us a lot of her furniture since they recently decided to move out of state at the end of the year. The apartment is a lot brighter than I had remembered when we checked it out at the very beginning. The windows bring in ample lighting for every room and since we don't have to pay additional costs for any utilities we have lights on more often. It is by far better than our first apartment and I am happy we found it. It met all our criteria plus some; the Lord really was looking out for us and our best interest.

The colors are changing outside and it really is quite beautiful - the best part about Utah is its fall colors. It's getting colder in the mornings but usually always warms up by the afternoon. Snow will inevitably come soon - not exciting. I do enjoy wearing sweaters though and feeling the crispness in the air and the crunching of the leaves on the ground. It always reminds me of family, I guess because of the holidays.
I think baby Morgan is going to be one smart little girl because I feel like I am doing better in school this semester than I have in semesters past. She must be helping me out with all her great intelligence. But school really isn't all that bad it seems. Exercise Physiology is starting to pick up in intensity however so will require more dedication, and History of Creativity exams are a bit ridiculous, but overall all is going well. Doing the work and staying on top of the reading and assignments makes me feel good.
Speaking
of baby Morgan, only 9 weeks left til she is supposed to come! We had another ultrasound a couple of weeks ago and she is doin
g great. About every other week David looks up the development of the baby and where she is according to how far along I am. It is amazing all the things she can do now. One night, not long ago, I was laying in bed and she was moving like crazy for quite a while! David was having a field day with it and I truly loved the whole experience. It has been such a blast feeling and seeing her move, each day getting stronger and stronger. Putting aside the difficulty in eating, breathing, and sleeping, as well as the vomiting and fatigue - I have really loved being pregnant. I'm excited to actually meet her!
Sounds like good times ahead for you guys:) You look so cute, I love having Ex Phys Lab with you... gotta love taking measurements, haha... enjoy Fall!!
ReplyDeleteCarrie, I haven't read your blog in awhile. It was fun to catch up on everything. Thanks for telling us about your classes. I used to be distracted by Kylie kicking during my classes too. Savor those moments! You're at my favorite part in the pregnancy and sometimes I wish it could last longer. What an awesome feeling. I hope you're resting up this week and that Morgan settles down and stays in there longer. Take it easy and drink more water! :) Every day and week counts for her. Your new place sounds wonderful! I wish I had two pantries! I can't wait to see how you decorate her room. How fun! We're praying for you.
ReplyDelete