Friday, March 23, 2012

Oh BOY!


It's official. We are having a boy. Almost 4 weeks ago we went in for the first ultrasound and it was confirmed that this thing growing inside me is indeed a baby boy. Most know we wanted another girl, simply because Morgan and the baby will be so close in age and we already are decked out with girl stuff, but by no means is a boy disappointing. We went in for the ultrasound and they were checking placement of everything before getting into the measurements when David noticed something. He immediately turned to me and whispered "I think it's a boy!" I just kinda paused like "what?! no, it's gotta be a girl." Then the technician proceeded to check everything and it was such a relief to hear how healthy he is. Each time I saw 2 legs or 2 arms I sighed with gratitude. I had been panicked up to that moment that something was wrong and to see him doing so well was beyond exciting. I have a baby boy; a beautiful, healthy, active baby boy and I am stoked! It was so fun to watch him squirming while the tech was measuring. He might very well end up being more of a hand-full than Morgan but oh my how I am excited! He is super active these days, sometimes it's distracting when I'm going to sleep at night and when I'm waking up in the morning. It is a lot of fun though and I'm anxious for the next 16 weeks to pass so we can hold him.




2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you to have a boy! I played with Daniel and Seth a lot when we were children and I'm still so grateful to have so many brothers I'm close to!

    ReplyDelete